Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tagbilaran-Plaridel

Destination: Cagayan de Oro turned Plaridel
Date: May 19, 2010

From Tagbilaran, I had to go to Davao. One easy option is to board a ferry to Cagayan de Oro (CDO) and from there, ride a bus to Davao.

Trans-Asia caters to the Tagbilaran-CDO route every Monday, Wednesday and Friday but it is always fully booked at around PhP600 for regular economy tickets and PhP750 for regular tourist tickets (Presidential suites are priced at around PhP1200). The boat departs at 7PM and arrives  at 7AM the next day.

Super Shuttle Ferry offers Jagna-CDO daily at about PhP600 but at that time, their vessel was undergoing repairs and that meant no trips. Talk about luck. By the way, Jagna is a municipality in Bohol which is 60 kilometers from Tagbilaran City. And Super Shuttle Ferry leaves Jagna at 8AM and reaches CDO in the afternoon.

Paras Sea Cat also offers Jagna-CDO via Camiguin daily except Thursdays at PhP800. The vessel leaves at 1PM and reaches CDO before 6PM. Since it was 1PM by the time I knew about this, this option was crossed out as well. Talk about luck again.

I had two last options: Gothong and FJP Lines.

Gothong offers Jagna-CDO at Php750. The vessel departs at 2PM and arrives at 7PM.

Since I was in Tagbilaran, it was wise to cross out all my options here than leave for Jagna and eye Gothong, which may have canceled its trip for repairs or what.

Different ships link Tagbilaran to Dapitan, Plaridel, Ozamis, Iligan, Nasipit and etc. But, on a Wednesday, only the Tagbilaran-Plaridel route is available.

So I took it because I really had to be in CDO by Thursday afternoon.

FJP lines offers Tagbilaran-Plaridel, Misamis Occidental via Larena in Siquijor every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (Another shipping line, Lite Shipping, offers the same route every Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays). I got a tourist ticket for PhP400 at Student's Privilege. The vessel is notorious for not following its own schedules. It may depart Tagbilaran as early as 7PM or as late as 2AM. Luckily for me, it departed at about 8PM. I arrived in Plaridel at 8AM the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that information. I have always gone to Bohol through FJP in Plaridel(vice versa) yet I still forget their schedules. I think it is good to board in their ship if you are not in a hurry because as you said they are not really always keeping in their schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Please follow me and/or like me on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Hungry-Tourist/199528386743852#!/pages/The-Hungry-Tourist/199528386743852). Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete