Friday, May 20, 2011

Plaridel-Cagayan de Oro

Destination: Cagayan de Oro
Date: May 20, 2010

In Plaridel, I boarded a tricycle to the bus terminal. The fare is Php20 and the trip takes about 5-10 minutes.

In the bus terminal, there were two buses, Super Five and Rural Transit. Super Five was almost full while Rural, the bigger bus, had no one in it. Naturally, I boarded the Super Five bus, which costs PhP200 to CDO.

From Plaridel to Ozamis, which takes about 2-3 hours, one has to get off the bus temporarily and purchase a PhP20 ticket and PhP3 terminal fee for the barge which takes you to the other side of the bay. The trip is about 15 minutes.

As the barge is approaching land, you have to go down to where the buses are and board your bus since all vehicles roll off as soon as possible. You might be left. Haha!

So from the other side of the bay, which is called Mukas, the journey to CDO resumes. On the way to CDO, the bus passes by Iligan where the bus driver stops for lunch. Vendors display their products by your window.

I caught sight of a thick rounded bread, which might be what it was centuries ago and which I later found to be called "Apang". I thought it was Muslim food, which might be what it really is. I tried it anyway because it was the first time I saw it. At P10, it was very filling and good too. It was like two pieces of pancake stuck together.

After the bus driver had his fill of lunch, the journey started once more. We arrived in CDO at about 3:30PM.

From the bus terminal, I asked my way to LimKetKai. The people told me to board a jeepney by the exit.

2 comments:

  1. If I am not mistaken it takes 6-7 hours in traveling from Plaridel to Cagayan de Oro, doesn't it? May I know how much does it cost you in the said trip including the barge fee? Because I am planning to go to Plaridel from CDO this month. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the comment. :) Yes, Plaridel-CDO would take about that amount of time. It costs 200 a year ago. I don't know how much it would cost now. Price and time breakdowns are listed above. :) Please follow me. :)

    ReplyDelete