Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Maxima Aquafun

We boarded a habal-habal to Maxima Aquafun. The trip costs PhP25 excluding a PhP10 fee for marine rehabilitation.

In Maxima, there are 2 packages. The difference is the sole addition of a Canopy Walk activity. This, however, was not available on weekdays so we ended up taking the other package which costs PhP200 and includes use of life vest, tables, chairs, diving board, trampoline and giant slide, and 15min snorkeling.

They claim to have the longest slide. We tried it shortly after lunch. We were first skeptical about wearing lifevests but when we tried the slide, we really deemed it fit to wear one. The point below the slide is claimed to be 120ft. I asked if it was natural and the staff answered it was. They offer taking your pictures while sliding (pretty much like Jungle Log Jam in Enchanted Kingdom or Space Mountain in Disneyland or any other roller coaster) and charges PhP60 for it.

After sliding, we swam to the diving board. It was scary because there appeared to be a rock right below you. Of course it was very far down but it was real scary just seeing it. I may have taken 15 minutes before I dived. :D

It was my first time to wear a lifevest while swimming and it was pretty difficult. I feel like I have no freedom since I am used to just swimming. My friend felt the same way as I and took off her lifevest. She ended up wearing it again because she got scolded. Haha!

There were about 50 other people but it didn't feel cramped at all. We transfered to another beach, however, because we wanted something with sand not cliffs. :)

Maxima Aquafun
Island Garden City of Samal
Maxima Website
Maxima on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment